Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Friday, March 8, 2013

Hotel Crandall!

I love having company! Being so far away from so many of our family and friends has been hard, but the upside of it all are the visits we get! Brett and I were discussing how it would be different if we lived in Idaho. People would come by, but probably not stay for extended periods of time. Its been so wonderful having my mom, Brett's mom, sister and her baby come because we get to spend some real quality time together! We're already excited for our next guests - my dad and sister. I loved having Brett's family here because I feel so much closer to them already, not to mention how spoiled we've been!

The day my mom arrived! Kayla was 4 days old here. 
Grandma Betsy with Kayla
I was so grateful for my mom coming right after Kayla was born. I appreciated her more than I ever have. She was just what I needed. She waited on me hand and foot! Any little thing I needed, she jumped at. We had a lot of fun showing the sights to her too! She also spoiled Kayla with lots of gifts!

I loved spending time with RaeJean while Brett was at work, getting to know her better. She taught me how to cook some great meals and took us shopping, buying lots of things for around the house and for the baby! We ate very well (maybe a little too well) while she was here!

Us at the baby shower

Grandma Jean and Kayla - 6 wks old.












It was great having Rebecca come too! Not only did we get to meet sweet Wyatt, but it was also the first time we'd spent together besides our weddings (which everyone knows is hectic!) We've talked on the phone a lot, but it was so fun hanging out with her! I love having sisters in law that are so fun and that I get along with so well! I know we would be friends whether we were related or not.
Rebecca and Wyatt

Wyatt was a riot! (see what I did there?) :) He is such an energetic, funny baby! He makes snorting sounds and is all over the place! He's so happy and is smiling all the time! He was pretty interested in Kayla. He would stare at her and reach out to touch her hands and her face a lot. We kept an eye on him though, because he could squash her, haha! It made me really excited for Kayla to get a little older and be more expressive (not that I don't love every moment of her right now).



Now that our last guests have all gone home, we are prepped and excited for my dad and my sister to come! It's going to be so fun having them here! After they leave, my oldest friend is coming for a visit!
Haley came for a visit before we even moved into our house! We can't wait for her and my dad to come back!


Can't forget our first house guests - the Hendricks! I was 6 months pregnant here. 

Hotel Crandall is always open for anyone who may want to come south for a warm, beach visit! We'll take one and all!

3 comments:

  1. Hotel Crandall is one of our favorite places to stay. We hope to come back in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo...can I come with Em? I REALLY would love a trip to the beach!

    ReplyDelete