Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Saturday, March 23, 2013

10 Things

I'm currently participating in a get healthy group plan/challenge with several of my friends from high school. I really like the program, aside from the strict 'bad food' list. Its not just about physical health, but focuses on the many aspects of being healthy, such as physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Each week, there are challenges for each day. This week, one of the daily challenges was to record 10 things I'm grateful for in my journal. Since this is a journal of sorts, I decided to put the list here as well.

1. I'm grateful for Eternal Families! How blessed we are to have the fullness of the Gospel and the knowledge, power, and blessing of being with our loved ones forever.

2. I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I'm also so thankful to be a member of the church and have the testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel. I'm grateful that my parents raised me in the church and set such a wonderful example.

3. I'm thankful for my husband. I was a bit older when I got married, and there were many times I feared I wouldn't find someone. I am so grateful that I waited until I found Brett. I say this a lot, but I really can't imagine anyone being a better fit for me. He makes me laugh all the time, makes me feel beautiful, is a wonderful father to my baby, holds and honors the Priesthood, works hard, and loves me exactly the way I need him to. I love our relationship and I never knew I could be as happy as I am.

4. I'm grateful for my sweet little girl. Again, the older I got before I got married, the more I wondered whether I ever would have the chance to be a mother. I know so many people who have struggled to become pregnant and I do not take for granted the blessing it is that we have our perfect, sweet, healthy baby girl. Every moment I spend with her is a perfect one. I love her more than words can describe.

5. I'm grateful for my family. I'm so grateful for my parents who love me and always provided for all my needs. They are both such wonderful people who give me something to strive for in their individual examples. I love my sister as well. Its so wonderful that we went from sisters to friends in the past years and I love confiding in her.

6. I'm grateful for my in-laws. There are so many horror stories about in-laws and, just like with my husband,  I really lucked out! I love all my sisters-in-law and Brett's mom and have fun with all of them!

7. I'm grateful for my health. I do not have the 'perfect body' as society would describe it, but I have a perfect body, in that it has never done anything, but work perfectly! I can do everything that I want and need to.

8. I'm grateful for my education. From kindergarten to college, I have been blessed with wonderful teachers and students that I was able to learn from. My mind has always been something that I've taken pride in and am grateful for. Learning is something I love to do!

9. I'm grateful for the adventure it is to live in South Texas. I was pretty sad about leaving Idaho and all of our family, but knew through the Spirit that we were meant to be here. I've meant so many great people and have learned so much more about others and myself by being here.

10. I'm grateful for my home that I live in. I am grateful that we have the financial means to live in a nice home. I'm grateful for all that we've been able to fill it with. I'm grateful that my husband is as clean as I am. :) Most of all, I'm grateful for the Spirit that I can feel in our home. I'm grateful for the life that Brett and I are building together.

I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment