Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Friday, March 15, 2013

Kayla 8 Weeks

Wow! Time really flies! I can't believe my sweet little angel is 8 weeks old! She has brought more joy into our lives than we could have imagined! Not only is she the cutest baby I know, she is also such a good baby!

She's now sleeping 7.5 hours at night most nights. She is much better at going down for naps and goes to sleep pretty well. When she is fussy, singing her to sleep works every time.

She rarely cries unless she's hungry or very tired. She smiles all the time.

She even rolled over from her stomach to back on Monday, March 11 at 7 weeks! I don't think it will be long until she rolls from her back to her stomach - she's just so anxious to get moving!

Kayla loves bath time! She smiles every time she's lying on her changing table. She must appreciate the hard work I put into decorating her nursery.

She's starting to make lots of new sounds and has lots to say!

Some of my favorite times are when we take naps together on the couch. I love how she fits so perfectly on my chest.

She's a great car rider and will just sit perfectly content in her car seat while we're driving.

Here's a few of my favorite pictures of our favorite little lady. Looking at these pictures reminds me how much she has changed in these two months. 
Kayla Day 1

Kayla at 4 days old

Lounging with Momma on the hammock


One of her first smiles captured on camera
Baby Kayla with a baby sea turtle

Kayla's 1st time going to church. Such a pretty lady!

Kayla and her friend Clayton. He's exactly 1 month older than her. He's a few pounds heavier than her, but about the same length. 

Kayla loves her Daddy!

Morning naps with Momma

Kayla on her 1 month birthday


She was in her bouncer sleeping like this. Her eyes opened as we took the picture.
 She looks like the pope blessing the people! 

Kayla's first time at the ocean at 1 week. Love those baby toes!

This is still her favorite sleeping position!

Bonding time while Papi sings Kayla to sleep

Our little family!

She's already a fan of Action 4 News

This is not a good picture of me, but its funny how she's staring at her booboo!
I was clipping her fingernails and took a chunk off her skin. She looked at me funny,
cried for a second, and then smiled again. It did keep bleeding for awhile though,
hence the bandage. I'm sure it was worse for me than her. I felt awful!

Double baby shower for Kayla and Caleb at Action 4.

In the studio

Her smiles are my favorite!

The beach wore her right out!

Sun goddess

She knows she's cute!

This may be my favorite picture of all time! 

Sweet innocence!

I wish I looked this cute at the beach. :)
Happy St. Patty's Day! Wyatt and Kayla both rocking the green!
Grandma Betsy and Kayla!

Grandma Jean and Kayla!



Kayla is just starting to play with her play mat. She was laughing at the hanging monkey. It was so cute!

Such a happy baby! Her smiles melt my heart!

Saying goodbye to Papi who was leaving for a Pioneer Trek. He's such a handsome cowboy!
I look forward to every day with this little princess! I love her so much and would do anything for her! Watching Brett with Kayla makes me love him even more than I already did. He's such a wonderful daddy! She's a lucky little girl! My favorite part of the day is when Brett comes home from work so we can spend time together as a family. The Primary song "When Daddy Comes Home" comes to my head a lot when Brett walks through the door. I love my little family!

1 comment:

  1. They grow way too fast! I did the same thing when I was cutting Paxton's nails one time....it was so traumatizing for me that Brandon has had to cut them ever since! and I havent even tried cutting Colton's :)

    PS I absolutely LOVE kayla's swimming suit!

    ReplyDelete