Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Friday, March 15, 2013

February - The Month of Love!

February is a big month in our house! It brings Brett's birthday, Valentine's Day, and my birthday! This year, we also celebrated Kayla's 1 month birthday in February. We had a great month and all got spoiled! My mom was here through early February and RaeJean came at the end of the month. We had a great time all month long (and ate a lot of calories, I now realize looking back!) haha!

Brett's birthday is the day before Valentine's Day. We spent the whole day together as Brett's days off are Wednesday and Thursday (my favorite days of the week, by far)! We slept in, which is the best, had a delicious breakfast, went to a late lunch at Red Robin, where we both got our free birthday burgers, and had a Costco run. Yes, we love Costco. :)
Here's the birthday boy with his baby! Yes, that cloudy Snuggie was one of his gifts. :)

My two favorite people!
 As Brett is a weather man and studying to be a meteorologist, I did a weather themed gift collection! I wrote  little note cards with each present. 1st gift said "Whether is a dark night without air conditioning"(inside joke) and he got The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-Ray. 2nd gift said "Or a day where all you can do is just dance in the rain" and he got Just Dance 2. 3rd gift said "Or a sunny day to wear shorts" and he got some new shorts. 4th gift said "Or a partly cloudy day cold enough for a Snuggie" and he got the snuggie. The last note card inside the Birthday card said, "Any day that celebrates your birth is a beautiful day to me!" Yeah, its cheesy, but I was pretty proud of myself! The Snuggie was a bit of a joke, but Brett is always freezing when we does the weather at work. The studio is freezing! I thought a Snuggie would be the perfect solution and every weather man needs a cloudy Snuggie! :)




The birthday boy and Kayla with the mint chocolate chip ice cream cake I made him .

Kayla's looking at the cake in happy anticipation of the day she'll be able to eat real food. :)

The cake was layers of chocolate cake and ice cream covered in a ganache. It was  pretty tasty!
Check out my family cooking blog for the recipe.
http://dishnitup.blogspot.com/2013/02/chocolate-mint-ice-cream-cake.html 
For Valentine's Day, we had a nice day at home all together. Brett was off work for both his birthday and Valentine's Day which was perfect! Since we had gone out for Brett's birthday the day before, we stayed home and had pizza and more of Brett's birthday cake. We went for a nice walk and just loved being together with our sweet baby! Brett gave me some beautiful flowers and some Reese's minis (my favorite). I gave Brett some cologne. Kayla gave Brett a little teddy bear. Don't mind me in this picture - I had pink eye, appropriate for the pink holiday, and couldn't wear makeup or contacts. 


Valetine's Day! 

On the 19th, Kayla turned 1 month!

Isn't she the prettiest little thing!?
For my birthday, we didn't take many pictures but it was a great day and I was spoiled! Brett had to work, but a few of my awesome friends, Cassie, Chayla and Carrie, took me out to lunch at a delicious pizzeria. I also got some amazing cupcakes! When I got home, I received an amazing bouquet of flowers from my BFF Melissa. When Brett got home, he had another beautiful flower arrangement! We went out to dinner at Texas Road House and it was delicious, as always. When we came home, I opened my gifts from Brett. He got me a card game, a new sheet set, and a photo book he made with all the photos from our Honeymoon. It was wonderful! While my mom was here, she also bought me some new running shoes which I love! I also got so many texts, phone calls, cards, and Facebook messages. Its so wonderful to have so many loving family and friends! I really am so blessed in my life! I'm happier than I ever thought I would be!

Flowers from Melissa next to the cutest baby sporting her Mommy is best onesie in honor of my b-day. :)

Flowers from my love! Brett knows me all too well. :)

This is the Oreo cheesecake I made for my birthday cake. It turned out really good, if I do say so myself. 




February is my favorite month! Its a month of love that I love!! We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Um....please come cook treats like that for me at my house!

    ReplyDelete