Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kayla 5 Months

My precious little lady is 5 months old! She's changing so much! I look back at her newborn photos and can't believe her transformation. I love watching her personality show through. 
She now follows Brett and myself everywhere we go. 
Whenever she sees us looking at her, she flashes a big smile. She loves getting a reaction out of us. 
She rolls onto her belly and back without hesitation, although she prefers to be on her belly. 
She now grabs everything in sight and it goes straight into her mouth. 
She makes all sorts of funny noises. 
She squeals, grunts, hollers, and blows little spit bubbles. 
She loves hanging onto the couch or our legs and standing. 
She sits up pretty well and can maintain the sitting position for some time before she topples over. 
She giggles more and more. 
She loves looking at herself in the mirror.
She sleeps 9-10 hours a night.
She hugs my neck when I'm holding her. It melts my heart!
She is generally a happy baby, although at a pool party the other day, we had a pretty rough night. It may have been separation anxiety because I was busy and others would hold her, but it was sad when I couldn't get her to calm down. I've never seen her so upset and it broke my heart.  By the time we got home, she was back to her happy self, thankfully. I hope it was just a rough night and not a new trend.
 Regardless, I love this little girl more than life itself. She brings Brett and I more joy than we could ever imagine. We are so blessed to have been entrusted with the task of being her parents. 
The big 5!
She got worn out taking these photos! 
My happy little princess
Good thing we were done taking photos - the 5 didn't survive.

EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!

Getting brave!

Kayla with her favorite toy, Mr. Monkey

Due to her splashes, Kayla graduated from baths in the kitchen sink to the big bathtub tonight.
She loves bathtime!

My little pool baby! She looks so sweet!
Happy Birthday, Kayla Rae! We love love love you!

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to read your posts about how y'all are doing down there! It makes it seem as though you really aren't all the far away after all!

    ReplyDelete