Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

#1 Fan(s)

The wife of a news reporter is an interesting one. Brett often comes home late. He has to go in early quite often. He is on call for crazy news (which happens more often than I'd like here in the Valley). His schedule is really unique, working EVERY weekend and many evenings. While it may sound like it, I'm not complaining. I'm so grateful for how hard he works. I'm also very grateful he has a secure job that provides for all of our needs. Although his work can be stressful, I know he enjoys it. He's also going to school online to become a meteorologist. He's working as a weather forecaster currently and in a few more semesters, he'll be a Meteorologist! 

One of the perks of having a handsome husband that works in television is that even though he is gone many evenings, we get to watch him on TV. I know its not the exact same as having him home, but it sure helps to see him 2-3 times an evening. :) Before I had Kayla, I could get somewhat lonely, but again, it always helped to watch Brett's reports/forecasts. 

Brett's more seasoned colleagues have teased him that my watching most of his shows won't last. While I'm sure that could be true when life gets busier, for now, I love watching as many of his shows as I can! I feel it helps us be the team that we strive to be when I can give him pointers/critique and more importantly, compliments. I have loved watching how he has improved so much in the time since he's been doing weather (which was right when we met). His reporting is also improving, although it was already really great. 

It's so sweet when Kayla and I are home because when he comes on the TV, she turns towards his voice! Though I try to avoid letting her watch TV, I love how she'll watch him. She doesn't get quite as excited as she does when he's here in person, I think she recognizes the face that she loves. I get a lot of compliments from people I meet that Brett is such a great weatherman/reporter, but no matter how popular he gets, Kayla and I will always be his biggest fans!
Kayla turned immediately when her Papi came on TV

She's learning how hot its been today!

She's saying, "Mom, what's Papi doing?"
Now she's wondering what I'm doing taking photos of her. :) 
KGBT Action 4 is #1

On the set. This was during a baby shower the station threw for Kayla

Kayla's 1st time on the green screen!

1 comment: