Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Haley's Wedding


So, as promised, here is a post about Haley's big day! We were so happy to be able to be there for most of Haley's wedding celebrations. It was wonderful to see Haley go through the Idaho Falls Temple and then be sealed to Jon in the Logan Temple. I know that he is a good man, balances her out and that they are really happy together. I'm excited to see what the future brings for them. 

When I got to town, my mom and I threw Haley a bridal shower with our friends in Soda Springs. It was a great chance to see some wonderful people that I appreciate now more than ever. Its amazing how much influence so many people have on an individual. Many of these ladies helped shape me into the person I am today. 

I was also able to help with the wedding decor. Haley wanted a shabby chic look but was a bit short on supplies. So, I took it on myself to go antique shopping, something I've never done before. Antique shops are an interesting place. I found some really cool stuff I wish I could have brought home......and some really weird stuff. :) I was able to find some doors and windows to make everything come together a bit better. It felt nice to contribute since I'd been so far away for most of the planning. 

The morning of Haley's wedding, I got up at 5:30 to go to her hotel and do her hair. Yes, I'm really that awesome. ;) Their sealing was very early, so our day started off before the sun came up. Her hair turned out beautiful and I even had time to do my own before heading back to get Brett, Kayla and my Dad from my friends house that we stayed at. The sealing was really nice. I love the moments before a sealing when you look around and see so many family and friends all seated reverently in this holy room. There is so much peace that comes with the temple. 

After the sealing, I helped Haley get all prettied up again before heading out of the temple to be bombarded with well wishes, photos, and COLD. It was a pretty chilly morning. I'm not sure Kayla knew what to think of the weather! We took our photos, and then headed to the Blue Bird for a delicious luncheon. Again, it was great to sit and visit with family that we never get to see being so far away. 

That evening, after driving back from Logan to Pocatello, we had a beautiful reception with a yummy ice cream bar for dessert. I got to see and visit with even more family. Too bad there isn't a wedding every time we go home. It was sure a convenient way to squeeze in so many visits in a short amount of time! I am truly blessed with a wonderful immediate and extended family! 

After Haley and Jon headed out, we did some cleaning up and then went back to Brett's mom's house to crash. We all slept a very long time that night, including Kayla, thankfully!  It was a beautiful and memorable day and I was so proud to see my baby sister become a wife. I hope that she is experiencing all the joys that marriage allows. I personally think marriage is a whole lot easier than being single. :)

Here's a few photos from the big day. 

We ran up to hug them as soon as they walked out of the temple

Dad, Jon, Haley, Mom, Corey

Look at our handsome husbands! We Summers' girls did good!

The wedding party
Kayla wanted to help me make the sign for their Thank You picture

Our little family!
My friend Emily, who we stayed with the night before the wedding has the sweetest little boy I know. And Kayla agrees! She loves this boy! While we were waiting for Haley and Jon to do their pictures, we started playing music on our phones and Kayla was dancing to it with Noah. It was so precious how they kept running to each other to hug. I love these tender little moments. Not to mention that our little Kayla has some moves! I'll post a video of her dance skills soon. 



That is a look of joy, combined with bright sun, while on the hunt for her man! :)
The backdrop

Mom, Kayla, and Brett
Kayla was exhausted and really clingy throughout the day but still
cute and friendly!

The girls

Tossing the bouquet!

The cake!

Daddy Daughter Dance

Brett was the babies' favorite! My cousin's daughter Paige
decided she wanted Brett's attention and Kayla
wasn't too sure what to think about that. 

What a ladies' man!

My sweet cousin Tiffani and I!

The Getaway Car. They wouldn't tell us which car they were taking.
Luckily we picked the right one. And hid the keys to the other one,
for good measure. :)
Saying Goodbye to Mrs Dutton!




No comments:

Post a Comment