Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

Easter is such a wonderful season. I've really been focusing on and studying the Atonement lately. I've been reading The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister. Its been such a rewarding and humbling experience to learn more about and understand better the single greatest act that has ever transpired in human history. 

Being here in the Valley has been different because Good Friday is such a huge celebration. Growing up, I never heard people talk about or focus on Good Friday. I've pondered that a lot this week. I've decided that I'm even more grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints now than ever before. What I mean by that is I'm grateful that we know to focus on the Atonement and Resurrection as opposed to the crucifixion specifically. I would never assume to undermine the death of our Savior and the suffering that he experienced. But his dying was not the unique part of his life. We will all die, but because of his life and his resurrection, we will all live again, as he surely does now. 

We can also never be too grateful for the gift of the Atonement. Christ atoned for every sin, sorrow, loss, temptation. I truly testify that ANYTHING we experience, He has already done so. When we suffer, if we turn to Him, He will truly lift our burdens and ease our suffering. I fear that focusing on the crucifixion will almost misses out on the true miracles of what transpired during the week before Easter. I'm so grateful for my Savior, his perfect life, his infinite atonement, his death and his miraculous and life changing resurrection. I hope we can all remember all year round and not just on Easter. I'm grateful for the sacrament each Sunday to remind me of that great and everlasting Atonement.

Now, on to the Easter festivities. Kayla is obviously too young to understand much more about Easter than picking up eggs but I watched some church videos with Iosepa before we colored eggs and we talked a bit about Jesus and how wonderful He was. We had fun coloring eggs and making traditions. 




Last year, my mom sent Kayla a pinwheel for Easter. We got it out again this year and she quite enjoyed playing with it and blowing on it to spin it. 



Early this morning, we had a little Egg Hunt here at home. We've had a crazy work schedule so we weren't able to attend any of the hunts with friends, but Kayla still enjoyed herself this morning. About halfway through the hunt, she figured out that there was candy inside and would rather open the eggs than hunt them down. We kept having to distract her by pointing out more eggs. She did manage to get a couple pieces of candy in before breakfast. What are holidays for, right? :)




My mom sent Kayla an Easter card that played music and had Bambi on it. She LOVED it. She played with it all day and would bob her head to the music. I so love her appreciation of music. 


Brett's mom bought Kayla this precious Easter outfit. She wore it yesterday and today before church and got so many comments on how cute she was. 






Since Brett works every Sunday afternoon and evening, we always have our big Sunday meal before church. We didn't make any exceptions with the traditional Easter meal so we had a delicious ham, funeral potatoes, rolls, and green beans. The best part about it was that I got to have it again for dinner after church! 

We got Kayla into her Easter dress and took a few family photos before church. Sacrament meeting was wonderful with music and testimony of our Savior. It was truly a wonderful Easter. I sure love this little family of mine! I'm grateful that because of Him, we are together forever and can overcome the weaknesses of  the flesh. 




I fear it was too bright to get a smile from Kayla.

She sure loves her Daddy!



 Happy Easter from our little bunny to all of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment