Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day


1985 Me and mom
Swinging at Hooper Springs Park
Mother's Day is such a special day!! I'm so grateful for my mother!! My mom has always been my best friend, at least until Brett came along. :) I never felt that I had to lie to her as a teenager. I could always confide in her. She did a great job of balancing between discipline and letting us choose for ourselves so we learn important life lessons. I know my mom isn't perfect, but she was the perfect mother for me. Every day, I pray that I can live up to the standards she set as a mother. We don't always see eye to eye on everything, but if my children have the same relationship with me that I have with my mom, I'll consider myself a success in parenting. 
My mom loves to laugh, she works hard, she is always serving others, she is very talented, and she is one of the best listeners I've ever known. So many people have come to my mom to talk about things they couldn't confide in anyone else about. I love so many things about her. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to her and my dad. I'm so grateful for the Gospel that allows us to be together forever. 
Mom, Haley and I



Grandma Betsy at the beach! 1st time for Grandma and Kayla!

I am also so blessed to have a wonderful mother in law in RaeJean! Brett is such a wonderful man, husband and father, and that is due in large part to his mom! She raised him to be strong in the Gospel, be true to correct principles, and be the fun-loving man he is! RaeJean is such a selfless person. She is always serving others. She loves cooking and sharing her talent with others. Brett is such a great cook and I've learned so much from her! She was a single mom for most of Brett's child hood and it amazes me the strength she must have had. I know I couldn't be a single mom to Kayla, let alone five children. Her love of the Gospel is very evident to me. I'm forever grateful to her for raising the man that has made me happier than I could ever have imagined. I'll be forever grateful to her. Brett and I both are so blessed to have the mothers we do. We have some big shoes to fill in the parenting department! :)
Look at that happy kid!
Such a loving mom
3 Generations
The four of us when Grandma Jean came to visit and help with Kayla














Kayla eye balling my mother's day gift. 

Now, I want to talk about what Mother's Day means to me as a mother. There were lots of times that I questioned whether I would get the chance to be a mother. I feared I wouldn't ever get married (being single is rough at times). But when I met Brett and fell in love, I couldn't wait to start a family with him. He is literally the best man I've ever known. I feel blessed beyond words that he chose me to be the mother to his children. 

Last year on Mother's Day, we took a little test that has changed our entire lives. When that pregnancy test came back positive, I was in shock! We were very blessed to not have any trouble getting pregnant but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. I was overjoyed though! I will always remember that day and how I felt. 
Kayla has brought a new meaning to the word Love. I would do anything for this little girl of mine. It makes me even more grateful to my parents and especially to my Heavenly Parents. I know I only have a sliver of comprehension of the love God has for me, but that understanding grew a little when Kayla was placed in my arms and it continues to grow each day. 

I look forward to every moment spent with Kayla. Quite frankly, she's the best baby I could imagine! She rarely cries, sleeps well, plays happily when I need to get things done, smiles endlessly, and brings such joy and warmth to my soul. I love watching her grow and discover her world around her. I'm so grateful that I'm able to provide everything she needs. I love Brett even more than I did before because of the father he is to her and for how hard he works for our family. 

I am so excited for what the future brings for our little family! Being a mother is truly a gift from Heavenly Father that I am thankful for every minute. 


Me and my baby!

Today, we had a little photo shoot with each other after Brett left for work! Its crazy how much fun I can have with someone who can't talk! Kayla really is such a joy in my life. 





































Finally, I'm grateful for all the women in my life! I had amazing grandmothers! I have amazing aunts, friends, friend's moms, co-workers, church leaders, teachers, neighbors, cousins, sister's in law, etc. Women are truly a gift from God. I'm proud to be a women and pray that I can be that kind of mother that will help my sweet baby return to live with her Heavenly Father someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment