Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Houston or Bust!

Again, I'm playing a bit of catch up. :) After we got back from our great little trip to Lubbock, Brett worked a couple days and we were off again, this time to the other edge of Texas for the wedding of my dear friend and former roommate Jackie. We really miss being close to all of our friends and family back home, partly because we miss out on so many festivities. When Jackie told me she was getting married, I was so happy for her! When she told me it was going to be in Houston, I jumped for joy! I was so happy to be able to celebrate with her and though Houston is still 6 hours away, we knew we had to be there. She was not only an amazing roommate, but she was there through all our time dating and she even threw my bridal shower for me. She's such an amazing woman and a great friend!

Exploring Galveston, we found this awesome old
phone booth!



Once again, miss Kayla Rae was a great sport during the long car ride. We left early on April 11, Thursday morning and when we arrived in Houston, we picked Jackie up to spend some time with her. Her fiance had a bachelor party to attend and Jackie's family hadn't arrived yet, so she got to accompany us on our trip to Galveston. I've been there before when I went on a cruise, but Brett hadn't been. We just wandered around and enjoyed the sites of the touristy type town. We also had lunch at Panera, one of our favorites!
BUT, the phone was broken. Kayla's face seems to say,
"Dad is so silly to think that will work..."

Kayla's a little traveling queen! Where will she go next?














Later that evening, Kayla attended her first bachelorette party! :) Jackie's fiance's friends had planned a party for her. It was fun meeting the great people there. I love meeting new people. Everywhere I go, I meet so many interesting people from different walks of life that have such interesting stories. I even saw someone I used to visit teach back in Rexburg! Its a small world, but it gets a lot smaller when you're Mormon. :)


The next day, we had breakfast at IHOP and went to this awesome little park. It was nice going somewhere a little more lush with vegetation than either Lubbock or the RGV had. Kayla loves being in her carrier. As much as I miss Idaho, I love that we've been able to be outside so much this winter and spring. Kayla has never been lacking in Vitamin D and fresh air.

It was such a beautiful park!

Kayla and her Papi!

During our little hike

We had a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and we were stuffed to the brim! We then drove to the temple where I was able to attend Jackie's personal endowment session. It was the first time I'd been to the temple since before the baby was born. Though I missed having Brett there (he stayed out with Kayla), it was so rejuvenating to be able to attend a session. I love the peace and comfort that the temple brings. I feel even more meaning as a mother attending the session. It was also so special to see and be with Jackie as she attended the first time.

Saturday morning, Brett got up early to attend a session himself while I stayed at the hotel with Kayla. Now, I'm always raving about what a good baby she is, but we had our first mishap that morning. Just as Brett arrived to pick us up to head to the sealing, I was changing Kayla's diaper on the hotel bed. I hadn't put down the changing pad because we were hurrying and she had never had an accident anyway. Well, there's a first for everything! I heard it before I actually saw her peeing. I hurried and grabbed the diaper, but the damage had been done, all over the down comforter! I was mortified! I wanted to leave a note that it was baby urine and not adult urine, not that it makes a huge difference except for the fact that I don't want them thinking I pee the bed, but we didn't have time. Oh, the adventures of parenting :)

We were both able to attend the sealing in the temple for Jackie and Jonathon. We left Kayla with a niece of the groom. It was such a beautiful wedding and I'm so happy for Jackie! It was also wonderful to be reminded of the covenants Brett and I have made to one another and to Kayla and any other children that will come into our family. The Gospel is such a beautiful thing that brings true happiness. I'm so grateful to know that Brett will always be mine. He and I together are a partnership that will last into the eternities. Each and every time I attend the temple, its reaffirmed to me how blessed I am to have Brett as my husband. He's the perfect man for me and I love and respect and honor him more every day.

When Jackie came out of the temple, she was simply glowing! And I LOVED her dress! It was perfect for her and so elegant! Her and Jonathon seem perfect for each other as well. He is such a kind man, and I wouldn't pick any other type of guy for Jackie. After the sealing, we had a luncheon with Jackie's family and had a great time. They are all such wonderful people! We drove home that evening and had another great car ride with miss Kayla. We had a wonderful trip and were so happy to be able to be there for Jackie and to get to spend quality time together as a family and to attend the temple. Blessings! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Bradshaw!

Crandall family at the Houston Temple

I love those chubby cheeks!

My beautiful baby!

I'm so grateful she's forever mine!

Me, Kayla and the beautiful bride, Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment