Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Fourth of July in Soda Springs!

Anyone who's ever lived in Soda Springs, Idaho knows that they know how to have a party for Independence Day! Its my favorite holiday to spend at home and something I've missed dearly! We headed to Soda Springs early Saturday morning. We dropped the kids off with my mom and picked up Melissa, one of my very best friends! We headed to Lava to float the Portneuf River and it was just as amazing as I remembered! It was Brett's first time floating and we all laughed harder than we've laughed in a long time! 

We skipped the big waterfalls at the top of the river and floated it four times. Melissa flipped out of her tube once but we survived without injury, thankfully! 


After the river, we got the kids and went with my family to the City Park where the fire department sprays foam all over and everyone can play in it. Its so much fun and they've done it since I was a kid. Our kids were a little hesitant at first, but Brett dove right in and they soon followed suit. 


 

Brett had so much fun that he knocked over a couple kids and even lost his wedding ring! We weren't sure if he lost it in the river or the foam, but we had a video with him wearing it in the foam. Brett even went back twice afterwards, once with a rake, and once with a metal detector and searched the area with no luck. 


 

As a follow up, my mom posted online that the ring was lost in the foam and someone found it....the day after we ordered a new ring for Brett. :)

 

We had a lot of fun hanging out with my family. That night, we did fireworks that Jon bought at Fort Hall and then made s'mores in the backyard. 



On Sunday, we went to church with my mom and it was great seeing so many people I knew growing up. My kids were in nursery with several of my former YW leaders, and it made me happy to see them learning from the same ladies that made such an impact in my life!

My mom always makes a flag cake for the 4th of July and she had Kayla help her with the frosting. Brett and I were down working in the basement and my mom came down to help us for a minute. Haley heard the mixer turn on and thought my mom was in the kitchen. When she didn't say anything, Haley and Jon peaked in to see Kayla adding all the cookies from the cookie jar and redvines! It was pretty funny!

When I was her age, my hair got stuck in a mixer and ripped out! I'm pretty relieved that there was no injury this time around. The only loss was the frosting.


Early on the morning of the Fourth, Brett headed off to run the 5K race. He ran it in  24:45. He even got sparklers for participating! 


We then headed to the park where we got the Lion's Club breakfast. It was delicious but the line was really long! I snapped this photo of Kayla's cute hair while we waited in line. 


We went to our usual spot for the parade and ran into the Pingels. The kids were so excited to see their friends! I love the parade in Soda. I know almost everyone in it and I get to see so many people that sit in the same area that we sit every year to watch. 

 

When we went to the parades in Texas, they didn't throw any candy! Not in Soda Springs, though. The kids got so much candy!


We wandered around the park after and met up with friends. We visited with Melissa and her family for awhile. Kayla really loved Melissa's baby Beckham!

 

I sure love this family of mine and I am so grateful we got to spend the best holiday in the best small town in Idaho! Hooray for being an American and having all the freedoms we do. Thank you to all the men and women that have given so much to allow us the freedoms we enjoy! God Bless the USA!


No comments:

Post a Comment