Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Monday, October 19, 2015

Goodbyes

The hardest part about any big change is always the goodbyes. We were so blessed with so many wonderful friends in the Rio Grande Valley. We had a great little going away party at our pool (which I'm also really going to miss) and had many of our friends come to say goodbye and have some fun with. Its crazy to think we may not see some of these people again after they were such a major part of our lives for so long. Thank goodness for social media to help us all stay in touch so well. 

What party isn't complete without missionaries!? Really though, we'll miss the opportunity we had to always get close to our elders and have them in our home so frequently.

The sign says, "Adios Pan Y Heather!" Whenever we'd go out to restaurants, they'd have the hardest time with Brett's name and would say, "Bread??" so this became a joke. :)


These two have had the closest bond since they were babies! I'm so sad Kayla has to leave here friends. 




Chelsea and Heather! Oh how I love them both! They were both lifesavers our last night in town. 


No Valley in the RGV is complete without a pinata! And Kayla happened to match this one. :)





Jescee and I bonded over our homeland! I loved her sassy attitude. 


We didn't know the Mendoza's for long, but we bonded quickly! Kayla loved giving kisses to the little boy Evan. Hadinay was such an example to me in her testimony devotion.


I love the Barlow's! Kali will always be Kayla's first best friend! And Areli was such a great friend to me. 


We babysat Iosepa for a year and I love that little boy! His family became good friends of ours!


Kayla and her "Pepa"


Ryan Wilson was the first person I ever met at church in McAllen and Amber and I became quick friends through our stake YW callings. I love this family! Amber is such a treasured friend that was always willing to help out in so many ways. She taught me a lot. 


Chelsea and I were checking the flashes on our cameras at the same time and we each got a photo like this of each other. :)


Cassie was the best friend/neighbor I could have asked for!! She went out of her way to make me and everyone else feel welcome in our ward. She always shared her surplus of yummy food and desserts and was always there for me. She taught me a lot in our callings too. I'm so grateful for her and her cute family!


The Bray family became like family to us when Brett became their home teacher. Our kids love theirs a lot and Heather is one of the most loyal friends I've had. She'd give the shirt off her back to anyone that needed it. She was there for me through some tough times and I loved talking to her about anything. 


Daisy was one of Brett's favorite co-workers and friends at KGBT. We love her and Dillon and were so excited that they came so far to say goodbye to our family! Tiffany and Nestor were a part of the weekend team with Brett and great friends to him at the station. 


 

Chelsea is the talented artist that made this treasure! It's haning on my wall at our new home and I love it almost as much as I love her. Some people you meet and hit it off with right away. I think Chelsea may be like that with everyone, but she is such a sweet friend to me! The last night we were in town, our house was empty so she offered her home to us. We stayed up talking until the wee hours of the morning. She's one of the most talented women I know and can do everything!


 Sam and Anna were some of our first friends in the ward! They are so friendly and made us feel like family! I loved working with Anna in the young women! She's one of the happiest people I know! We will miss their whole family. 


 The Stocks moved in about a year ago and Kayla and Eva quickly became buddies! Brittany was also such an example to me with her testimony and devotion to her calling! We were grateful for their family friendship!


We went to story time one last time before we left and met the Barlow's there. These two girls just kept hugging and saying goodbye. Their relationship really is so sweet!




Moving day also came quickly! We had movers and they decided to pack and load all in one day, when we had planned on it taking two. Amber was awesome enough to take Kayla for the day, making my day so much easier! Here's a few pictures of the packing up. I was so sad to say goodby to our house. 

 




I hurriedly cleaned the house as the movers loaded up the last boxes so they could take the mop and vaccuum on the truck with them. It was hectic and busy and then we loaded the tired and displaced kids into the car. I then desparately wanted to take one last photo but we didn't want to unload the kids again, so it was just us. It was somewhat fitting though because it was just us and we began our time in this house. We brought both our babies home from the hospital here. They took their first steps here. We grew a lot as a family, in number and in our hearts. This home will always be so special to me.


We gratefully headed to the Bray's for a delicious dinner that night. The kids had a good time together one last time and once again, I was reminded how grateful I am for this family. 




As previously mentioned, we stayed the night at the Skidmores and then headed out early in the morning. The trip couldn't have started without one last meal of the famous Stripes breakfast tacos! One of the things I'll miss the most about the Valley! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment