Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Saturday, March 15, 2014

B-Day, V-Day, B-day


The title basically sums up our February every year. Brett's birthday is the 13th, Valentine's Day is the 14th, and my birthday is the 25th. Lots of celebrating, lots of food, lots of treats, and lots of love! 

On Brett's birthday, we got up and immediately opened presents, as per his request. In some ways, we never grow up! 

Kayla and Brett with the card Kayla picked out herself for her daddy!

Brett got new workout shoes, shorts, and a BYU workout shirt.

Kayla's gift for daddy was a book they could read together called Freddy the Frogcaster.
Its about a little frog that aspires to be a weather forecaster. :)
I thought it appropriate and Brett loved it!

We made muffie pan German Pancakes! YUM!

For dinner, we went to Texas Roadhouse, using the gift card my Dad got Bret for his birthday. Kayla loves it there, especially the rolls.  :)



She found a fellow patron to wave at. 


Kayla giving mommy a kiss on the cheek! She loves giving kisses.
For Brett's cake, I made a delicious chocolate cheesecake that Brett's mom used to make when he was a kid. We all loved it! It was so rich that we had to give half of it to our good friends.





Onto the NEXT holiday! Brett worked the early morning show on Valentine's Day, so he got home around lunch time and he surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. We then opened presents.  Kayla got new bath toys, quickly tried eating them, and we put them away for a later phase of life. :)
Brett got me a beautiful pearl necklace. He said he got them because every woman needs a set of pearls. I couldn't agree more! I got Brett a collection of pocket squares and a tie to go along with his new suit. He looks so classy all dressed up. 





Brett made a delicious dinner and then we got dressed up and headed to a youth dance to "chaperone".  They didn't necessarily need us there, but I volunteered because I've been missing dances lately. We took Kayla with us and after she got used to the place, she enjoyed dancing with us. We had lots of our other adult friends there and had a great time dancing, mingling, and acting like youth again. :)

Photo shoot fun at the dance!




After a couple days, the lilies in my bouquet bloomed! 

Brett had to work all day on my birthday, so we decided to go on a date a few days before and celebrate that day. I got another beautiful arrangement of flowers (he knows me well). I got some great gifts. We had our friends, the Avilas, come to watch Kayla and we headed out to a yummy dinner at Palenque Grill and watched The Monuments Men. It was wonderful being out for the evening, just the two of us. Normally we take Kayla everywhere and don't mind a bit, as she's so easy going, but alone time is refreshing and we loved it. 
Going out on our date.

Flowers and my card

On the afternoon of my actual birthday, I flew to Utah to go home for my sister's wedding. It was challenging flying alone with Kayla as she's not in the 'sit on the lap and hold still' phase, but I was excited to be with family for awhile. She ended up doing quite well on the flights and brought lots of smiles with her incessant waving and saying "Hi".

My mom and Corey picked us up at the airport and we met up with Melissa and Alan for dinner. It was fun seeing so many wonderful people that I have missed so much! My mom made a delicious cake, which Kayla promptly smashed. :) It still tasted good. Melissa and Alan bought us all dinner and gave me another(!) bouquet of flowers! They really are my weakness! I love flowers and I love that everyone close to me knows it! We had a lot of fun catching up and Kayla was entertaining, as always. 



Melissa, Mom, Kayla, and me at Zupas! 

February was a wonderful month, as always, and we loved celebrating so many of our favorite holidays. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment