Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Staley Family Reunion

While Kayla and I were still in Idaho, we got to attend the Staley Family Reunion at our family farm in Mud Lake, ID. I have always loved getting together with family, so I was excited that we were able to stay long enough to attend this reunion. I wish we lived close enough to attend all big family get togethers. As always, it was so great being able to see and catch up with so many family members, although it would have been better if Brett could have been there. Everyone thought Kayla was a doll and she was happy to be passed around to adults and kids alike. It was also Kayla's first time "camping". I say camping in quotations because while we are sleeping in tents and cooking our food outside, we have a house nearby with bathrooms and are minutes away from a grocery store. Its not exactly roughing it, but its fun nonetheless! Interestingly enough, Kayla slept better the first night in the tent than she had in 10 days! Maybe she's made for camping! We had a pretty good turn out this year and there were several new babies born in the last year! Its crazy how fast families start growing! There were several cousins that were unable to make it and they were definitely missed! We always seem to do a lot of sitting around and  talking, but I love it! We play volleyball every year, and its always interesting! I'm grateful for my family and the blessing and knowledge of eternal families! 
My little camper posing for a "selfie"

Kayla and Don
Despite how it looks, she really did love him!

Mom, Don, Marie, Courtney, John and Haley


Linda and her two newest grand babies!

Our first campfire! 

I think there was a beautiful sunset every single night that I was in Idaho!


Kayla was totally intrigued with the bonfire!

Here's one row of tents!

Crazy boys Micah and Landon

The famous treehouse zip line! My cousin Aaron was grounded as a teenager.
To pass time, we built a treehouse and a zipline going to a tree.
There are kids riding this thing the entire 3 days of the reunion and have been for years!!
Its been there as long as I remember. 


Isn't she precious!? (and I mean Kayla) :)

Here's a few of the kids waiting for the swing/zipline.

Kayla loved Mitchell and Tony. Look how she's holding onto his arm.


A baby sized chair for Kayla!

Carla and Kayla

Mitch and Kayla
 It wouldn't be a family reunion without something breaking down that needs fixed! The men in my family love having projects to do! No one lives in my Grandma's house anymore. After running the water for a couple days, the pipes appeared to be backed up. We we were afraid the septic tank was backed up, so right after breakfast Saturday morning, the boys dug a giant hole searching for the tank lid. Here's Garrett and Corey working on the project. All the men worked together and go the problem worked out. Never a dull moment with my family!

Kayla loved the other babies! This is Paige, Trina's daughter.

Kayla may be a camper, but I don't think she'll be a cowgirl. 

Mitch decided to dress up Kayla's headband with a natural touch. 


Kayla and Grandma Betsy with the whirly gig!

I think that leaf looks awesome!

No family reunion is complete without volleyball! We've been using the same pink ball as long as I can remember!

Trina was laughing pretty hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment