Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Tyson 2 Years

 Our little buddy is two years old. Its starting to hit me that he really is a toddler now! He's one of the happiest kids I know! He is genuinely full of joy!


Tyson is curious and loves exploring. He climbs up on everything he can! I find him on the kitchen island more often than I should! He loves to run outside and racing is one of his favorite past times. I can get him to do anything by putting it into a race. He'll hear the word and race and stop in his tracks, say, "ready, set, GO!" and he's off! He loves helping me with whatever I'm doing. He mops all the time and grabs rags to scrub the walls and whatever else he can reach. 


Kayla and Tyson are frienemies. They either play together like the best of friends or make each other scream a lot! Kayla tries to by a mommy to Tyson, which he doesn't love. She is the one that can make him scream in anger like nobody else. He loves playing in her room with her toys but when she's not home, he goes straight for his room. I think he just wants to be with her.  

 

Tyson recently got his seat turned around and loves it! He already recognizes the direction we're going and will correct me if we go the wrong way or somewhere he doesn't want to go. He loves pointing out mommy's work and McDonalds. He's a great sleeper! He takes a 3 hour or longer nap every day (unless Kayla wakes him up) and sleeps from 7:45-8:15 or so every day. I love that he sleeps in! He definitely got that from me, :)


He loves walking with his hands in his pockets, but his hands get stuck, haha! He loves rocks, sticks, etc. He opens the fridge constantly and wants to be a big boy. On the morning of his birthday, he crawled out of his crib and marched out of his room all by himself, proud as can be. He still climbs out occasionally, but he'll stay in when its time to sleep. 


Tyson loves his daddy! Whenever either of us pick him up from anything (babysitter, nursery, etc.,), he joyfully runs to us and crashes into our legs. He has a hard time going somewhere if Kayla isn't with him. So far, they'e had nursery together, but next year, she'll be a sunbeam so hopefully he adjusts without her. She definitely takes good care of him when its just the two of them. 


Tyson talks constantly. I LOVE listening to all the new words I never knew that he knew! He repeats everything Kayla said, which is almost always a good thing. His favorite show to watch is BabyBum on YouTube and because of it, he knows his ABCs, can count past 10, his shapes, and does pretty well on colors, although he likes to say most things are green or yellow when first asked. He may actually be better at his letters than Kayla.


He got a lot of cars for his birthday and his favorite are the emergency ones with sirens. He pushes those around all the time. His favorite movie is Toy Story. He likes Cars too but Toy Story is first request every time. He loves Woody and got one from Grandma Betsy for his Birthday and carries it everywhere. He's terrified of the vacuum and constantly opens the closet to look at it. I don't know if he's facing his fears or what but its funny. He squeals with joy when he's happy and its loud, but its the best sound. 


His favorite book is the Truck book followed closely by an Elmo book. He finally can sit still long enough to enjoy a book or two. His favorite food is peanut butter sandwiches and he's just now starting to get a little picky about his food. He used to finish anything put in front of him - he was bottomless! Now, he'll eat one good meal and putter through dinner. I think he's hitting the toddler appetite phase. He loves apples, bananas, crackers, cheese sticks, clementines, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, pizza, peas, and carrots.  


He loves saying he is 'STRONG!' And he's right! He is in the 95% for weight and 90% for height, which is where he's been from birth. He doesn't look huge, but he's a talk when you pick him up. His hair is growing long and thick. It sticks straight out at the neck when it grows so he needs frequent haircuts. 


He calls kisses hugs and gives big, open mouth kisses. Every night, he and I say his prayers, sing a few songs (he always requests the Daddy song, the mommy song, the Tyson song, and the Kayla song), then I ask him a series of questions. I ask him if he knows he's strong, sweet, silly, smart, and special. He grins and answers yes for each and then tells me that he is happy again, and kisses me on the cheek. Its my favorite part of the day with him! I always want to remember this little moment for us. 


Some of his funny things he says are, "Carry me daddy!" For a long time, he would say 'UnUh' for yes and it confused everyone. On his birthday, he magically started saying, 'yeah'. I kind of miss it a little bit. He constantly rattles off our family names and can list off people that we're going to see. He has a very good memory. He will grab my face and say, 'Mommy, look at me!" Whenever we take Kayla anywhere, he says, "Out now!" He hates getting left behind from pre-school or anything else. 

1 comment:

  1. Brett was always very good at directions and noticed everything, and he would always hold my face and say, "Mommy, look at me!" Like father, like son!

    ReplyDelete