Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Yellowstone with Grandpa

On Saturday, we celebrated our fifth anniversary and my dad's birthday! We decided to make it a special day and go to Yellowstone. Dad and Sheryl came up from Pocatello and we headed off first thing in the morning.


I can't get over how much I love watching my kids with my parents. My dad is so good with kids. I'm so grateful that we get to raise our kids close to their grandparents!

 

The beauty of Yellowstone doesn't ever cease to amaze me. It's remarkable that so many beauties of the world are all in one place. I love visiting there and exploring nature. 


Tyson had a great time marching everywhere with Grandpa!


We did a different loop this time than when we went in the spring. The thermal mud pots were cool but I was terrified Tyson would jump off the boardwalk and die! Eek!



We stopped and had a picnic lunch by a river. Kayla went to sit by the river and Brett joined her. I love the bond these two have. 


We had cupcakes to celebrate Grandpa's birthday. Tyson loved them!




These three people are my favorite humans on the planet! I'm so grateful for all that we've accomplished in the last five years. 



Tyson got a little bored waiting for Old Faithful to blow. He had plenty of fun playing in the rocks though!


When it finally went off, I couldn't help but think that the geyser is much better in Soda Springs. :)




The two cutest guys I know!



A classic selfie stick photo at the Grand Canyon!



I really love this guy! I can't believe its been five years but I wouldn't change a thing!


How did I make two such cute kids!?


Tyson sat down and asked for a photo! I can't get over his cute, cheesy grin!


Tyson and Grandpa had lots of fun walking along fallen trees. Tyson thought it was the best thing ever. 



We had hung up a birthday banner but forgot to snap a picture before we left. After a long drive and with tired kids, we snapped a quick picture with all of us and the birthday banner. Along with my dad's birthday, it was kind of our family's birthday. So a big birthday celebration it was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment