Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tyson 15 Months!

Our little buddy, Tyson is 15 months old! He is the perfect guy for our family. He's almost always happy and such a sweetheart. He's always moving and hates holding still for any length of time. Church is becoming quite the struggle in that sense. He'll hang out in the hall and get the drinking fountain stool and climb up and play in the drinking fountain water. He loves climbing on anything he can reach. He definitely keeps me on my toes more than Kayla did. 
 

Tyson is still a great eater! He will eat almost everything in front of him and can eat a lot!! I hadn't given him any utensil to use and one day handed him one. He used it like a pro and has been ever since. I was impressed! He still gets pretty messy when its something that he really loves!

 

Tyson loves books! Before his love consisted of pulling them off the shelves and destroying them but now he will sit and look at them and point out the things he knows. 


Tyson is beginning to talk more and more. Anytime he says a word, Kayla exclaims, "Mom! He's talking now!" He can say Mommy, Daddy, Kayla (Kaka), Waffle, banana (nana), ball, balloon, puppy, kitty, grandma, binky, cracker, baby, more, and poopoo, to name a few. He will repeat any sounds or words we say pretty well. He loves to make animals sounds too. He calls shoes Go Gos.  

 

Tyson and Kayla are starting to play together really well. They wake up in the morning and start playing together will all the toys we have. I can take a shower and they'll play pretty well together the whole time. Its nice because Kayla is old enough to lead and facilitate the play and Tyson follows her lead. I hope their relationship continues to grow. They definitely have their moments when they fight. Kayla shows some tough love and he hates when she tries to hold him down and stop him from doing something. One of my main goals as a mother is to help them be friends above all else. 

 


Tyson loves daddy! When Brett comes home from work, Tyson squeals with joy and runs across the room and into his arms! He loves playing rough with daddy and always seems to have a lot of fun if dad is around. He is still a momma's boy though. When Brett puts him down at night, I can't be around, otherwise Tyson will cry for me. 

 

He loves his binky! Ive been working on only letting him have it for naps but sometimes he's so fussy I want to just let him have it. He's a pretty mellow child as far as personality goes. He's always moving, but generally pretty content. 

 
He loves snuggling, for moments at a time. He'll give me big kisses and hugs and lay his head on my shoulder or sit on my lap, but it only lasts a minute or so before he's ready to get down and run again! 

 

He loves playing outside and seems to enjoy the snow. 

 

About three mornings a week, I go walking around the indoor track at BYU-I with the kids in the stroller. They kind of have to entertain themselves during that time because I hate the idea of them watching shows on my phone or a tablet or anything else. Tyson really loves it when Kayla gets down and runs next to him. 


He's a silly boy and loves doing goofy things that make me laugh. He'll make himself laugh too. He loves being tickled and his laugh is one of my favorite sounds. 

 

He's quite a little dancer too! We have music playing almost all the time and the kids will chase each other around the kitchen island to the music of polar express. He will bounce back and forth on his little feet and twirl around with his right arm sticking out. Its pretty cute. 


We also had a lot of fun with Tyson for the holidays this year. He's at such a fun age where he can have a lot of fun and get really excited. 

 

Tyson is pretty adventurous. Where Kayla seemed a lot more hesitant to try new things, he has no fear, except the idea of strangers holding him. 


For the most part, he's a pretty easy kid. Nights can be rough sometimes though. Lots of nights, he wakes up screaming and totally hysterical. I leave him and let him cry for about 20 minutes hoping he'll go back down, but I can't go much more than that without feeling guilty, not to mention the neighbors in our townhouses and not wanting to wake Kayla up either. I rock him and he calms down but when I put him back down but he'll cry again for another few minutes. I don't know what to do with the kid! Hopefully its a phase that he'll grow out of. 


We sure love this sweet, growing, funny boy! I love seeing him grow and show new interests. He's really gotten into balls and trucks, lately. He runs everywhere he goes, and has a joy for life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment