Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Monday, March 16, 2015

February Celebrations!

Some people would claim that December is a month full of celebration and excess calorie intake. In our house, February definitely takes the cake for that title (see what I did there?). February has Brett's birthday, Valentine's Day, and my birthday. This year was no exception to the celebration overload and lots of yummy food. 

The week before Brett's birthday, I arranged a babysitter and surprised Brett with a date night. We tried out Loan Star Steakhouse and had a great night. 

Brett was lucky enough to have the day before and his actual birthday off. We decided to head to San Antonio for a couple days. We were able to attend a temple session and eat at all our favorite places. 

Panera!! 
We went on a train ride around the park. Kayla loved it and now loves choo choo trains! 




No better place to spend the evening with my eternal companion than at the temple! I'm grateful for friends in San Antonio to watch the kids. 



Afterwards, we ate at IN N OUT!! We were all excited to eat at a yummy little taste of home!



We usually end up staying at La Quintas because they have free breakfast and they had these awesome waffles. :)


We decided to take Kayla back up to the temple the next day to show her around and she kept calling it the 'princess temple!' She loved it, especially all the flowers!



We did some shopping and Kayla jumped up in this bed display after kicking off her shoes and exclaimed 'NAP!' She was tired!


We also took Kayla to the children's museum in San Antonio. She had a blast! Some activities were a little old for her, but the mini grocery store had her occupied and excited for a long time! 


 Another perk to February is that we both get a free meal at Red Robin! Yumm!!



For Valentine's Day, Brett had to work the evening but we spent the morning together. We gave each other the same card and lots of heart themed meals. I had planned to make crapes for breakfast but Brett got up before me and bought my favorite breakfast tacos! So we had crapes for lunch. :) One of the raspberries was heart shaped!


Brett was already at work, but I made this pizza for Kayla and I. 


The beautiful flowers Brett got me for Valentine's Day. 


My awesome friends all planned a lunch to go out for my birthday. It was so fun seeing everyone and I was reminded how lucky I am to have such great friends here. Unfortunately, I was too busy chatting with everyone to remember to take a photo. 

For my birthday, Brett had to work, but he gave me more beautiful flowers, a massage gift certificate, and a plan to go ocean kayaking on a date once the weather warms up a bit. 


Brett offered to buy me a cake since he had to work, but I wanted to try this recipe and it was amazing!


We went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and had a great time!



It was a great birthday and I feel good turning 30. At this point, I feel like age is almost irrelevant. Life is wonderful and I'm one happy lady!


1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all the pics of your cute family! So glad you had a great month of celebration!

    ReplyDelete