Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Kayla's Frozen Birthday!

Our little princess turns two tomorrow! Its cliche, but I can't believe its been two whole years since she came into our lives. I can't imagine life without her and that smile! She, like every toddler in America, loves Frozen. We started planning the party a few months ago, and we may have been more excited about it than Kayla was. 

I decided I wanted to make an Olaf cake, and found some ideas online. I think mine turned out better than the examples I used, if I do say so myself. :) It was a lot of work, but lots of fun! My mom always made us awesome cakes for our birthdays, so this is a multi-generational tradition. I'm definitely an amateur but I'm excited to learn more and improve.


The party was yesterday afternoon at our pool area. My sweet Aunt Pam made Kayla this adorable Elsa dress and I made a cape to go with her dress. When we showed it to her right before the party, she excitedly exclaimed "Pretty princess dress!!" She loves all things princess. Kayla is a girly girl and I love it! We took her to the party area, which Brett got all set up while I was at home with the napping children. She was SO excited to see all the Elsa and Anna decor. I really loved watching her exclaim "Anna, Elsa, Olaf!!" 


I found some awesome snack ideas on Pinterest with cute food labels. We made Jello jigglers for Kristoff's ice cubes, raisens for Snowman buttons, chocolate hugs for stuffing your face, pretzels for snowman arms, chocolate drizzled popcorn for Elsa snowflakes, carrots for Olaf's nose, cheese stick snowmen and melted snowmen water bottles. 






We got a GIANT pinata from the flea market here. That's one of the perks of living in the RGV is the pinata choices. This star is almost as tall as I am. Needless to say, it wasn't completely full of candy or we'd be bankrupt. :)



Another flea market purchase was the balloons, and we when we had them blown up Saturday morning, we discovered they said Feliz Cumpleanos. :) #valleylife!


This little guy was a gem! He happily chilled with my friend Carrie for the first half and slept for the second half. He's such a good baby!


We had a building snowmen competition with marshmallows, pretzels, and tooth picks.

 





We played Pin the Nose on Olaf.




We had a snowball toss into boxes, which was like a carnival game with giant marshmallows. No pictures of that, unfortunately. 

Next, we had a snowball fight with giant marshmallows. It was a hit!! The kids had so much fun and it was a great activity for all ages. Even the parents got into the fun. :)





Who says princesses can't throw?



Iosepa showed up dressed like Kristoff and it was perfect!! He won the best costume award, which we weren't planning on giving, but couldn't resist!


Chloe had quite the arm!



Salem aka Anna hoarded the snowballs! :)


The cake was delicious, and quite a hit. 


The pinata hitting was hilarious! I only recorded a video and the rest of my time was spent keeping small children from getting hit by swinging sticks! Once it finally broke, the kids pounced! We had so much candy that at the end, all the goody bags were all over flowing and a few pieces were left on the ground. 


We took a few pictures of the kids posing and started with Anna and Elsa, of course. 


All the little princesses together. 


Most of the kids. We missed a few and by the time, we gathered up the stragglers, the others had scattered. 


Kristoff and Elsa. She loves her Iosepa!



We came home and played with all her new presents. She was totally spoiled and we all feel really loved by our wonderful friends. Her bed now officially looks like a Frozen themed gift shop. She has life-sized Elsa, toddler Elsa, baby Anna, Olaf pillow pet and Frozen sheets. Its adorable! She's one happy kid and that's all I can ask for! We love this sweet little girl! Happy Birthday to my sweet little princess!



No comments:

Post a Comment