Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Fun!

Halloween was awesome this year! Holidays are so much more fun with kids and Kayla is at a really great age right now. I decided on her costume a couple months ago, and I've been really excited about it since. I made her little tutu skirt and tail and found some cute ears. I was hoping it would be as cute as the picture I saw online, and to my delight, she was so much cuter!!! 

Checking out herself in the mirror. She loved it!
On Halloween morning, Brett and my mom took Kayla to the storytime Trick or Treat. Brett told me she picked up on the candy gathering process really quickly, surprise surprise. :)


Cutest expression! I LOVE her! 
Halloween is interesting here in the Valley. Kids don't knock on doors but rather, people sit outside handing out the candy. Our neighborhood gets so crowded! Its almost impossible to drive down the roads in our neighborhood. Brett stayed home with Tyson handing out candy while I took Kayla around to Trick or Treat. I felt weird not knowing whether or not we should knock on any doors or not. Kayla did great and loved knocking on the doors until she saw some older kids with scary masks. 

At this point, she wouldn't go anywhere without my carrying her. It wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't just had a baby. I called Brett to come get us in the stroller and we finished up all together. We only walked around for about 45 minutes before we headed to the ward Trunk or Treat. My mom wasn't feeling well, so she stayed home to rest. 
Our little family of four!  


Our classy neighbors attempt to be festive in spite or their lack of participation in the holiday

Aren't these two adorable!?
I love her cheesy grin!

Kayla is quite popular with the big girls and she loves them too!

Kayla's little friend Chloe was a mouse so obviously she wanted to give kisses! 
On the Saturday before Halloween, we went to the pumpkin parking lot patch wannabe. They don't have pumpkin patches down here since its so hot, but they have a few cute places to pictures. We also took a few pictures at our house with our pumpkins. 



Don't mind my puffy appearance. I was still swollen after having a baby 4 days earlier. :)

Kayla can't get enough of Tyson. She hugs and kisses him non-stop!
She loves Grandma too!


 We carved pumpkins on my mom's birthday, which was the 25th. It was really awesome being able to do it outside, except that when we went inside to put the kids to bed and left the pumpkins half carved outside, we found that some kitties helped themselves to the seeds. They ate the papers we were using to carve and knocked the pumpkins over. Good thing the damage wasn't too bad! The pumpkins turned out great though! Brett carved the bats and my mom carved the witch, while I wrote on one for Tyson and Kayla painted hers. 







We had a great time and loved having my mom here to share in the fun of the holiday! I took Kayla on a walk the day after Halloween and just as I feared, she kept asking for candy! I had a feeling that after walking around gathering candy door to door once, she'd think that was the thing to do! Luckily, this morning, she seemed to be over that. She does ask for candy every time I open the pantry though. Good thing Brett and I are willing to help her eat it so its gone sooner. :)

Happy Halloween from the Crandalls!

No comments:

Post a Comment