Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Our upcoming arrival!

So, on Brett's birthday, I took a pregnancy test and much to our excitement, it was positive! I had actually thought I was pregnant for awhile and had a few negative tests so I was really excited to get a positve test. Plus, it was fun to find out on Brett's birthday.


It was early when I took the test. :)

We were headed home a few weeks later, so we decided to wait to tell anyone until we could see them all in person. We got Kayla this little shirt and she wore it when we saw all of our family for the first time. It was fun to see everyone's reactions in person since we told everyone about Kayla over the phone. 


We weren't really sure how far along we were until our ultrasound, which was March 19. We found out that our due date was October 23. 



 I've been very blessed in both of my pregnancies to not get very sick. I was a little more nauseous with this pregnancy while we were in Idaho but I think its because I was tired from traveling. I have also been a little more tired too but that's probably because I have an active toddler to chase around. I have never thrown up and now that I'm in the 2nd trimester, I feel pretty great! I still take naps more often than I'd like to, but I can't complain one bit. I don't have as much time to work out but I go walking with a friend a few times a week and have been doing some workout videos at home. I feel so blessed to feel so good, let alone be able to be pregnant at all. I don't take that for granted one second. 

Here's my first baby bump photo at 16 weeks.

IT'S A BOY!!!
On Thursday 6/5, I was 20 weeks exactly and we had an ultrasound to find out the gender. I've had a feeling for several weeks now, I've had a feeling that its a boy. I hesitated to say anything though, because I'd hate for anyone to think I was disappointed with the gender of the baby. I would have been overjoyed, regardless of the gender, of course. I thought it was a boy because this baby is so much more active than Kayla was. I first felt the baby move at 13 weeks and I've felt him quite a bit ever since. He's always rolling around in there. Even during the ultrasound, the tech commented how active he was. She was also laughing at how obvious it was that he is definitely a boy. :) I am measuring a little over a week early and baby boy is measuring at about a pound. I measured a little early with Kayla too and she still came on time, so we'll see when this little guy arrives! Everything looks perfectly healthy with the baby, which I'm very grateful for. I love ultrasounds so much. It makes it so much more realistic to see the baby, especially as they develop and look more and more like a baby. Life is truly a miracle.


We came home from the ultrasound and made these yummy blue cupcakes. This is my favorite color and I noticed it at the store a few weeks ago because its not a common cake mix. Brett said we should buy it in case the baby was a boy. He was right!



Kayla loved the cucakes! She really was excited to be eating a cupcake. :) She obviously isn't old enough to know what's going on, but she does love babies. Whenever we see babies, she runs up to them and wants to hug them. I'm sure that she is going to be a wonderful big sister! They will be 21 months apart. 

We asked her if she was happy about getting a baby brother and she clapped her hands and said 'Happy happy!' :)


I joked with Brett after the ultrasound that we all had worn blue to the appointment. I had of course not dressed Brett and hadn't put Kayla in blue on purpose, but I did choose to wear a blue shirt with a pink tank top underneath. :) 






We're really excited to have a little boy! Its a bit of a new world for me since I never had a brother and the majority of kids I babysat were girls too. I think having watched Iosepa for the past year has probably helped prepare me a bit, though. I'm excited for Kayla to have a little brother and to see her transition into the role of big sister. Most of all, I'm excited to see Brett with his son. He's such an amazing father to Kayla and she adores him. But I'm so excited to see Brett with his little boy. They can bond over the boy things that I don't really understand. :) He will be such a good father to this boy just like he's been to Kayla. I'm so blessed to have found him to be the father of my children! I've already started thinking about the things that come with a son, and I'm so excited to raise a baby boy to grow into a man. He's got great examples to follow after and I'm so humbled to have the chance to raise Kayla, this little baby boy and any other children Heavenly Father sends our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment