Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson
Brett, Heather, Kayla, and Tyson

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween!


I have always thought Halloween was a fun holiday, but much like a lot of other things in life, it was even better with the baby. We had quite a few different Halloween festivities this year and enjoyed them all! Last year we bought Kayla's costume after Halloween on clearance. We were then given another costume as a hand me down, so she had two costumes. I thought she looked adorable in both. I love watching her get excited about things, and our costumes were no exception! Every time I put on my wig for my costume, she'd shriek in delight and clap her hands! She must have thought I looked good in green, haha!

On the Friday before Halloween, we went to a party with a playgroup here. I mostly went so that Iosepa could have some older kids to play with for awhile. He dressed up in his dinosaur costume, and Kayla was in her ladybug costume. His costume lasted about 5 minutes before he took it off to play. He loved it though and I loved chatting with all the other moms. 

Dinosaur Iosepa!
Later that night, our neighbor and good friend Cassie threw a pumpkin carving party for some families in the ward. It was a blast! I got serious this year and used a drill for my pumpkin. Brett carved Kayla's 1st pumpkin for her. We ate really great food and loved visiting with all the great people here in the RGV. It was strange being so warm in October, but I'm slowly getting used to it.....sort of. :)
The DRILL!

Brett and his Ladybug!
For Kayla's pumpkin, we traced her hands and feet and carved them into the pumpkin!

She didn't like having to sit here while we carved our pumpkins


A few of our awesome friends

My finished pumpkin! BOO!
For our costume that night, Brett and I dressed up as "The World Series 2013". It was a last minute idea after Brett decided to wear his Cardinals shirt. I asked if I should wear my Red Sox shirt, to which he said, "That would be kind of awesome. Wait, you have a Red Sox shirt?!" haha!
We all know who won! (I was rooting for the Cardinals, don't worry!) :)
Our little family.


Party planner Cassie and the kids

Brett's finished product-
Baby's 1st Pumpkin!


I love these little pajamas of Kayla's. She's really into waving.
She'll wave hi all the time. It is so precious

He really is under her spell!
On Halloween Day, we dressed Kayla up in her costume that we bought last year, as a little bunny. It was so stinkin' cute on her! Here's the 2 kids sporting their costumes.



The little bunny was getting tired!

Ready for the church Trunk or Treat

Don't worry, we didn't feed her any candy. :)

Farmer Joe,  his Bunny and her carrot!


I made some cookies, since these were mostly kids we knew.
They were a big hit!
A bunny and her carrot! This carrot's been feeding her for 9.5 months now! :)
Handing out the candy!
While Brett handed it out, Kayla waved at all the kids!
Everyone loved it and she loved the attention. 
Trick or Treating is interesting here. People don't come ring your doorbell. You have to stand outside your house and hand it to them. I feel like kids should at least ring the doorbell! But maybe this is to avoid bugging those who don't want to give out candy or already ran out? Either way, it was different than what I'm used to. I'm also really grateful my facepaint was orange and not green since it left a slight tint to my skin! I just look like I fake baked a few too many times. :)
Before our trunk or treat, we also stopped by Brett's station where they were giving out candy, and we ended up being on the news. I always end up on TV when I'm not looking normal, like when I'm dressed as a carrot or 2 days after giving birth! Haha!

We had a great Halloween! I already have our costume ideas for next year and can't wait!! Let the holidays begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment